Monday, November 29, 2010

Simple Things

Well we have had a very wet weekend but it was also quite warm when the wind was not blowing. I had my daughter at home this weekend and we went to Tarra Bulga Park where we volunteer and had a fun day there. We found ourselves very amused by these somewhat friendly rosellas. When we first had them come near us we were impressed by the close vicinity of them but by the time I was taking the video they were sitting all over my car and had been sitting on my camera. I couldn't work out how to take a photo of them on it!



I have been taking a few videos lately as I have had a few birds around the place. I have a magpie family come along for some food for the baby and I took this video of mumma feeding big squawky bubba. Don't you love the way the baby squawks but then has to muffle squeak while the food is being stuffed down it's throat.



I am finding that I am very fascinated by birds and think that I may well have a bird as my next pet. I currently have two canaries that I really love but I would prefer to have a bird that you could let out and allow some free flying too. I would love to have a raptor as a friend. Wow it must be awesome to have an eagle land on you. It is pretty amazing to have a rosella land on you. Very humbling and makes you feel very grateful that it should trust you enough to use you as a landing spot.
I have some lovely affirmation cards by Twigseeds and one of those says that 'Words have wings so speak good things.' I think that is probably true and it is amazing the words that do wing their way back to you. They are not always good words though.
My daughter has been away working and she was telling me that the crew of people that she was working with were trying to work out what sort of bird each of them would be and I was fascinated to hear that they were doing this. That was a game I used to play with friends when I was very young. I loved trying to imagine what sort of animal someone would be. You have to know the person and the animals or birds pretty well. It is lots of fun though. Try it yourself sometime. It can be the cause of great hilarity amongst a group.
It warms my heart though to hear that such simple things that were enjoyed so many years ago can still be enjoyed today. It is the simple things of life that last and continue to be valuable to our every day living. May you have a day of fun giving simplicity today. Don't underestimate that simplicity though as it is very very valuable on many different levels.

1 comment:

  1. It is a simple game to play but as you said, it caused giggles when we played it! No xbox required!

    ReplyDelete