Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance

Today was the 11th of the 11th of 2010. I always try to have a minutes silence at 11.00am on this day and I am always very moved by The Last Post. It is a beautiful piece of music and I always think what pressure it is on the bugler to get it note perfect. Wouldn't you feel like a fool if you  got it wrong?

I don't think that we should be involved in wars at this point of time as all those who made it through the world wars say that war is useless and a waste of life and time. I believe them as they have lived it and they fought in a war that really did involve us, at least in the 2nd World War.
I am not going to get too bogged down in those controversial topics as I haven't thought it all through enough and governments will do what they do. I am fairly sure that those who join the services do so in order to fight so I guess they are happy. Who am I to query it then?

I am very tired at the moment to the point of being quite weepy. I get like that when I am overtired so I need to take some time to meditate and still myself. It is so easy to get back on the mouse wheel and start running in order to survive. I have started drinking some beautiful herbal teas that really do seem to be helping me settle.

sleepwell
Try some and learn about them by going to this web site. Lovely lady and lovely organic or wild grown herbs.  http://www.inaleafherbs.com

I hope you took time today to be quiet for a minute and remember! Remember whatever you want. I nearly always remember my school days on this day as I can recall so clearly the announcement coming over the sound system and the lessons being suspended and everyone standing quietly and respectfully - not even any giggling from the girls or jostling from the boys.

So if you haven't stopped today, do so now and stand in quietness for one minute and be grateful for the life we have and the freedoms we have.

Poppies in Flanders Fields.

In Flanders Fields

Lieut-Col John McCrae, 1915
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amidst the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

My respects to those whose efforts have allowed me to be here in this wonderful country called Australia.
Lest We Forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment