Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Life Abounds -or does it?

The new year's growth on the walnut tree.
It has finally warmed up and the grass is growing too quickly! The new leaves are coming through on the walnut tree. Well the catkins - the male and female parts that will become the leaves and the nuts. The wonder of nature. I love to be in a space where I can observe these things.
You know when you think about it there is nothing new in the world. When the tree closes down for the winter it already has the new buds and flowers and leaves within it. That is the true wonder that man doesn't really understand. Nor should he in my opinion.
If you think about it we have the same capacity within us. We can blossom and grow at any time that we choose or we can close down and hibernate within ourselves. We still have that capacity to blossom and grow though even if we choose to hide it. It is all within us and we all have different 'flowers' or 'seeds' or 'nuts' or whatever it is that is our particular talent or passion or personality trait even.
I had the profound pleasure of being contacted by a wonderful person who was my best friend and my 'sister' when I was in my early teens. She and all of her family nurtured and supported me at a time when I desperately needed it and my memories of that time are all of laughter and a loving family atmosphere. See they are the seeds of happy, carefree and sunny times that have been hidden within me for more than forty years and now they are blossoming forth again.
Life is an amazing and wonderful journey that is sometimes difficult and sometimes easy, but if you allow it and don't fight it, always interesting. Have a great day watching your hidden seeds blossom forth.

2 comments:

  1. Very profound! I had never thought of life from that angle before and I'm glad I"ve read this post, because now I have!
    A beautiful way to put it :) Thank you, this post is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Earth to Earthlings for your comment. This is not a definitive view of life but merely the way that I see it. This too may change as I tune in to Mother Earth and learn more of her wisdom.

    ReplyDelete