Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Short but Sweet?

I am going to make this a very short post today. I am impressed when I read some of the Blogs that I follow and see how much they write and the photos that they use. I have got to a stage where I have a camera with me most of the time but it is not always easy to find a topic to discuss on this page. I have spoken about balance and what I see as the slipping of transition traditions. I often speak about the environmental issues that are out there. I often look at those issues and try to find a spiritual way of thinking of them.

 So sometimes I am inclined to wander from one point of view to another. This is why I am always happy to get a comment as this means that I know that I am making  a difference to you and your thinking. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree it just means that you have thought about the thing I am writing about. I love to talk and think about all sorts of different things. I love to hear all the different points of view. I long ago came to the realisation that there can be as many points of view as there are people in the world.
I just heard Dr. Phil say that 'reality is your perception'. Wow! That is such an interesting thought. To really think about that is to say that you can have the reality that you want. If in your perception you need to have all the 'stuff' that is advertised in order to be fulfilled, then that is your reality. My reality is that all that advertising is merely to fill someone else's purse. At the same time it empties mine and I have to do more to keep it filled. What a thought! Let me be happy with what I want from my point of view and not take on other people's opinions.


I had a lovely talk with a long time friend last night and she touched my heart with the love that flows from her. For me but mainly for her family and extended family. It was so touching to hear how happy/sad she was to have caught up with a family member who lives overseas. Sometimes we love someone so much that it hurts. To keep that vulnerability is to keep your heart open and welcoming to all the experiences of life and to feel them no matter what. Hard to do but infinitely more profound and real. My view!

It is cool today and the humidity has gone. A lovely day to be in the garden. If you are as lucky as me then I hope you are enjoying your day. I am before I head back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment