Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where To Start?


I set up this blog some weeks ago and have kept putting off the actual writing. I have been outside mowing the grass which is starting to grow quite quickly and came in for a drink of water. I thought that my starting point could actually be to comment on the 'starting point' of spring. As I am mowing I see that I have the tiniest little grape hyacinths poking their heads through the grass. They have been quietly struggling along for many years apparently, as the person who lived here some time ago planted them. They have no doubt been mowed over countless times, but they never give up. We can learn a lot from nature can't we? I have also noticed that I have a lot of cape weed in the lawn and that shows a deficiency of some sort. That will be my homework - to find out what it is! Well I have done it! I have made a start with my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment