Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!

I lay awake this morning thinking about all the things I have to do and wondering where to start. I was feeling like I would cancel what I had started as it was all feeling too hard and when you are dependent on others it becomes even harder!

So the alarm finally went off and I had my shower, got breakfast and sat down to eat it in front of the replay of the previous days Sunrise episode. It wasn't long and they introduced someone by the name of Nick Vujicic. He spoke very briefly about his life and how he sees it and let me tell you it did me good. I took a deep breath and thought 'what have I got to complain about?' I have absolutely nothing and if it all doesn't work out to the standard I would like it to, then that is the way it goes! I will do my best but I cannot control other people and what they do.

I am pleased that I am giving it a good go and I can do no more than I that. So here goes 'getting on with it'! Now I have faith and belief that it will be a good day.

Here is the link to a short video which is well worth taking the time to watch. We all have our limitations. They may be physical, emotional or just a case of fear to try i.e. a fear of failure. We have to get over these fears and know that we are all only doing our best and every single best is an individual thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qMGGCbqWA&feature=player_detailpage

Click on the link above and it will take you straight to the page. Have a look at the other videos of Nick while you are there.

I want to say though that I truly believe that each worry or problem is relevant to us. There is no problem that should be brushed off.  We often need help and that is very important. If you don't have family or friends then find someone through a community centre or a doctor.
You can always call  Lifeline in Australia 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800. They will listen to you and then be able to send you in the right direction. Most of us don't need to use these numbers but can navigate our way through issues. However it doesn't hurt to be reminded of them if only for others you might meet.

I hope you enjoy watching this young Melbourne born man who has some very thought provoking things to say. I know I have! Sometimes I need information like this rather than any other sort of self help or spiritual type info. It helps to ground me and let me move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment