Thursday, December 9, 2010

Purpose

I went to a friend's place yesterday and saw the most incredibly beautiful collection of trees that I have seen for years. I didn't take a photo though which is a bit unusual for me, but it was a place so full of grace and spirit that it felt like I was in a cathedral. I was! Mother Nature's cathedral that man has yet to improve upon. I was too overwhelmed and moved to even think about my camera. Maybe I will be lucky enough to see it another day.
A magnificent magnolia from a tree that I saw yesterday.


Whilst I was talking to my friend we came to the subject of 'life's purpose'. She gave me an answer that all the self help books that I have read have failed to do. She said 'your purpose is to be a joyful and positive energy on this planet.' Wow! That is so true. To strive to live a life that is lived with joy and the ability to be positive and to find that positivity in all aspects of your life is our sole purpose. I love that answer.

The other thing that I have discovered
today is that many people feel the need to be perfect but become very happy when they learn to embrace their imperfections. I wonder why we have this need to be 'perfect'? I suspect it comes back down to the media images we see all the time of people who we may perceive to be perfect on the outside but that is not what gets us through each day. To feel happy with what we are on the outside and the inside is what really matters. Sadly it is a lack of feeling good on the inside that makes people bully or put people down. I have recently seen a very good example of a young girl who seems to have all that she wanted, but is still being nasty to someone whom she obviously still sees as a threat. That can only be because she isn't recognising her own positives both externally and internally. I don't think that those feelings can be given but have to be learnt. This can often take many years and much pain. I speak from experience and it is a good reason to value my age. It brings so much more than grey hair and everything heading south!
It gives me a greater chance of achieving my purpose in life and that has to be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment